Q: Abnormal noises when braking

I have an 08 nitro and the brakes have had a high pitched squeel for a long time now and I've tried just about everything I can think of. I've changed the front and rear brake pads and rotors twice since the beginning of summer and the squeel still remains. I'm just looking for some input on what else it could possibly be?

Hi. There could be a couple of reasons why the brakes are still squealing after you replaced the rotors and pads. The most common cause of this problem is worn or broken brake caliper hardware hitting the rotors when braking causing the squealing. There could be a problem with the backing plate hitting the rotors during braking due to the backing plate being bent or damaged, causing your noise.

I suggest you have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to inspect your braking system for the problem you are having.