Q: A/C won't turn off or lower from high

About a month ago, I turned on my car and the A/C blower was on high ("4") and I was una le to turn it off or lower it to 1, 2 or 3 (that is, the knob moves, but the system doesn't respond.) Fortunately, it cools, so my problem is I can't turn it off or use tge lower settings. I thought aboutthe blower resistor, but am not sure that helps the on/off issue.

The most common cause of blower motor issues is the blower motor resistor, though usually it will only work on high speed and won’t work on any other speeds. Because yours is blowing in high speed in all speed settings, it’s also possible there is a problem with the blower switch itself. I would suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the blower switch and the blower motor resistor to see where the cause lies.

3. A/C won't turn off or lower from high