Q: 99 Toyota MR2 overheats

99 Toyota MR2, 2.2. L. Thermostat changed, and all cooling system flushed but it still overheats. When it overheats, it shows no teperature on the gauge. Any ideas?

It’s obviously not no temperature because it overheats. I’ve got a video "how to fix an overheating car." Do everything in it, it’s got to be one of those things. There’s a whole bunch of things that this could be. You’d want to pray it’s not the valve cover gasket or the head gasket that is starting to leak. A lot of times it is. In that video, it’ll show how to test for a leaking head gasket. Because for the leaking head gasket, you’ve got to rebuild the engine. It’s a very expensive endeavor. You’d want to pray it’s not that.

If you don’t want to inspect this yourself, a mechanic such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose your overheating issue for you and make any needed repairs.

3. 99 Toyota MR2 overheats