Q: 93 Nissan will start but have to stay on gas to keep running

93 Nissan will start but in order to keep it running I have to stay on gas. There is a oily black liquid coming from my exhaust

Hi there. In most cases, what you are describing is caused by an over rich situation (meaning the engine is getting too much fuel and not enough air). This can be caused by a damaged mass air flow sensor, O2 sensors or EGR Valve that is dirty. It’s also possible that the air cleaner is dirty or other fuel system components need to be replaced. It’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection to correctly diagnose your problem, so the right repairs will be made.

3. 93 Nissan will start but have to stay on gas to keep running