Q: 4 wheel drive will not engage.

I've checked the fuses and the selector switch itself, both fine. But I don't know where to find the 4wd control module itself. I select 4HI and the light comes on on the dash, then I hear 3 clicks, then nothing.

Hello. There appears to be three different locations for the control module depending on the chassis. The 4wd control module will either be found behind a kick panel on the passenger side, inside the dash, accessible by opening the glove compartment all the way to the floor, or behind the driver seat. They module will look like a small black box with grey and black connectors going to it. It will be secured with hardware and a bracket. Before replacing the module I would recommend retrieving the trouble codes that are setting off the light, as they will likely shed some light on what the issue may be. It may be possible that there is an issue with one of the system’s components, perhaps the selector motor or a sensor, that are causing your symptoms. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what may be causing your 4wd malfunctions and warning lights](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/warning-light-is-on-inspection).

3. 4 wheel drive will not engage.