Q: 4 wheel drive axle moves when locked in but wheels dont lock in

My truck would not go in 4 wheel drive. Bought a new actuator. When locked in 4 wheel drive low the front drive shaft spins but the front wheels dont lock in and my indicator light doesn't come on for the front wheels.

If the actuator is new, I would diagnose the electrical circuit, including the switch. If no problem is found there, then there is a fault with the differential. If the actuator is black (versus aluminum colored), unplug the connector. With ignition on, switch to 4WD. You should then be able to read battery voltage on the brown wire. If you do, check for battery voltage between the brown wire and the device ground which is the black wire. There should also be battery voltage on the light blue wire. If all that checks out and the actuator is new, there might be a problem with the differential but such should be determined during an on-site diagnostic which can be scheduled if you request service. If you have any further questions at all regarding this service, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 4 wheel drive axle moves when locked in but wheels dont lock in