Q: 2010 Subaru Foreseter makes grinding noise when idle or taking foot off the gas pedal

Grinding noise happens randomly when idling or taking my foot off the gas pedal, doesn't sound good!

Hi There, Depending on where in the vehicle the noise is coming from this may be related to clutch components such as a bad throw-out bearing, pilot bearing or even the front main shaft transmission bearing if the noise is coming from underneath or toward the rear of the vehicle. If the noise changes depending on whether or not the clutch is pressed, this may be the throw-out bearing. If the noise comes from the front, this could be the power steering pump, the alternator bearing, the AC compressor clutch or potentially the idler bearing. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take look at your vehicle to properly diagnose and repair.

3. 2010 Subaru Foreseter makes grinding noise when idle or taking foot off the gas pedal