Q: 2006 dodge magnum, car squeals on start up and gets louder when the heat/a/c is turned on? one mechanic said idler arm? isnt this

car squeals on start up and gets louder when the heat/a/c is turned on? one mechanic said idler arm? isnt this dangerous as it coincides with the drive belt? and how long can it go as I don't have the immediate money for 2 weeks?

There are several possible causes for a squealing noise in the area around the belt. The belt may be compromised and beginning to fail, the tensioner may be worn out and unable to keep proper tension on the belt and the belt may be slipping, there could be a failed bearing on the tensioner or idler, or there may be any of several other possible issues. Without being able to physically assess the situation, it would be impossible to positively say what is causing the squeal. If you feel you need help in diagnosing and/or repairing the issue, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.

• 2006 dodge magnum, car squeals on start up and gets louder when the heat/a/c is turned on? one mechanic said idler arm? isnt this