Q: 2005 Corolla won’t start after disconnecting and connecting battery

According to the owners manual... when “The system detects a threat under any of these following conditions:” of the different reasons that are listed the one that pertains to us is, “The battery terminal is disconnected and then reconnected”. So the problem now for us is that the car won’t start, all electronics come on but car won’t crank and start. HELP PLEASE!

Hi Daniel. Thanks for contacting us today. If the starter is not engaging, there are a few possible reasons for this. First and most common is that the starter or ignition relay has been damaged. If the battery cables were connected, disconnected, then reconnected, this can sometimes create an electrical surge and damage a relay. It’s also possible that a security code was triggered which disables this system. The only way to determine exactly what is causing your hard starting problem is to download the stored error codes inside the ECU, which is completed by a professional mechanic.

3. 2005 Corolla won’t start after disconnecting and connecting battery