Q: My car keeps having hiccups will driving and at a red light it revs up

Recently I cant seem to drive anywhere without experiencing my Jeep having hiccups on the road. Its getting worse and worse, and happens as I speed up slightly. Once I was at a red light and it kept reving up and pushing itsself foward into traffic to the point where I had to put it in park and let go of the brake pedal for it to calm down. Im not sure what the issue is, I change the oil very frequently with castrol oil, and I never drive on the highway but simply around town. What is the problem and how can it be fixed? Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Erratic engine speed is often referred to as "surging" or "hunting". The causes include a faulty idle air control valve or circuit (IAC), a faulty ECM (not common), faults in the fuel pump control circuit, defective spark plug(s) or ignition system components, faulty fuel injector(s) or injector circuit faults, and PCV system faults including vacuum leaks. Often, the application of a real time automotive scanner can find the fault as actual engine operating parameters can be viewed during the "surging". I recommend that you request a rough operation/rough idle diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will perform the required diagnostic steps to get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car keeps having hiccups will driving and at a red light it revs up