Q: 2004 jeep grand cherokee v8 4x4 ac fresh air/ recirculation door.

So i had little to no air flow thru the air vents ac/ heater. I thought it could be my ac blower blowing backwards. I took the blower out and saw the recirculation door is broken just layin on top of the blower. I taped the door up to where the outside air comes in and then put thw blower back in. Turned the ac on and i now have alot more air flow, although on 2 of the vents still not very strong. Still, it feels alot better. I was wondering how much would cost to have this repaired?

The cost depends on exactly you want done. If the re-circulation door is part of a larger assembly either that larger assembly has to be removed and replaced or a field fabricated repair has to be installed such that you can once again toggle between outside air versus re-circulation. As far as possible blockages, or failures of other "doors" in the dash network, that would have to first be diagnosed to determine what, if any repairs are needed. The issue could be the doors are only opening partway, there could be actuators that are stuck and so forth. A complete repair is possible but both of the issues you are describing would have to be looked at up close to give you an exact cost estimate. If you desire a complete diagnostic on the issue, and thence an authoritative estimate, please request a ventilation/blower system inspection and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved promptly. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

3. 2004 jeep grand cherokee v8 4x4 ac fresh air/ recirculation door.