Q: 2000 S430 Mercedes with 285K serviced every 5K is running smooth till the other day!

2000 S430 with 285K miles runs great and serviced every 5K. I drive the car in socal and usually just back and forth to the airport for the last 10 years. All good till last week when suddenly the engine light came on. I didn't notice anything. The light stayed on for a couple of days and went away for about 24hr till today when it came on again! I didn't notice anything till I got to a stop and in idle the engine started to shake a bit and when accelerating it hesitated up to about 15-20mph. I can't really notice anything on the highway. I was thinking of a couple of reasons. 1. Engine or tranny mounts are bad 2. Fuel injectors bad 3. Airflow regular bad What you think? How much does it cost me to fix the issue?

When the check engine light came on, the ECU stored a code related to the fault that was detected. Even if the light went back out, the fault code is still stored. So it’s a matter of reading the memory in the ECU to find out what is the code. Your ideas about the possible failures could be correct, but at 285 K it really could be anything. The best next thing to do would be to have a technician plug in the appropriate diagnostic equipment to read and interpret the codes. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to read the trouble codes on your Mercedes and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.

• 2000 S430 Mercedes with 285K serviced every 5K is running smooth till the other day!