Q: 2000 Audi has 1141 and 1423 codes

I have a 2000 Audi A6 2.7 that I've been trying to smog. It has OBD codes 1141 and 1423 which translate to bank one and two secondary air injector system pump was weak. I brought it to my mechanic and he tried to make passes, but it wouldn't pass the emissions testing. He said I should take it to the dealer.

For one, Audi dealers are extremely expensive. I had some bad experiences there myself and I would never really recommend someone to go to a dealer. They are going to need a dealer level scan tool. They are going to be able to analyze it. From my experience on those cars though, often the problem is the smog pump going out and the air injection pump. Because they go out all the time on those things. For your codes P1114 and P1423, I would recommend having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your car’s location to thoroughly diagnose your Check Engine Light.

3. 2000 Audi has 1141 and 1423 codes