Q: 1996 Dodge caravan .It runs good .Till like 20 min the engine shuts if change camshaft sensor chankshaft sensor .Loses power

Smells like gas back firing .

Hi there. In most cases, when you smell gasoline and have an engine misfiring issue, it’s caused by a damaged mass air flow sensor, vacuum leak or an issue with the EGR Valve. It would be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an engine is backfiring inspection.

3. 1996 Dodge caravan .It runs good .Till like 20 min the engine shuts if change camshaft sensor chankshaft sensor .Loses power