Q: 1996 Buick skylark makes whirring noise when I accelerate seem to come from somewhere under the dashboard?

Noise when I accelerate but runs ok

There are a few things this might be, however the one item that can be suspect under the dashboard may be the fan blower motor. Although, it’s power is not directly correlated with engine RPM or acceleration, it can tend to make a buzzing or whirring noise as you accelerate if it is beginning to wear out. Try changing the fan speed and turning the fan off and on with your A/C controls to see if you notice a difference in the sound. If you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic to have a certified mechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. 1996 Buick skylark makes whirring noise when I accelerate seem to come from somewhere under the dashboard?