Q: 08 Aveo 42k Nov/17 overhaul transaxel replace clutch $1700, Jan/18 clutch failsfix, 375,1 day gears freeze, master/slave cyce ?

Nov of 2017 spent 1700 to overhaul and install used transmission and replace clutch bearings, plate and flywheel. Jan of 2018, clutch fails, replaced for $375, picked up car and it would not allow me to shift to 5th gear, mechanic said bring it in next day to adjust linkage.Next day, I lost access to 1st, 4th and 5 gears. .Called mechanic,said he would be out in AM.Showed up , drove it a bit, could smell clutch burning. He said it was a master and slave cylendar issue. . Q......should those have been checked, replace , inspected last November? Should thay have been inspected in Jan. ? . Should I have to pay another dime to get this car running? Only 42000 miles

3. 08 Aveo 42k Nov/17 overhaul transaxel replace clutch $1700, Jan/18 clutch failsfix, 375,1 day gears freeze, master/slave cyce ?