Q: 06 2.7l dodge charger code p430

asked by on October 06, 2016

My dodge charger has a code registering p0430, and i was wondering what the problem might be?

Oxygen Sensor Replacement $108.80 - $905.23 Get a Quote
Catalytic Converter Replacement $291.63 - $3224.07 Get a Quote

The code is telling you the computer has detected a problem with the catalytic converter. It is possible for the oxygen sensors to trip this code. You can do further testing to see if your issue is truly faulty oxygen sensors. Replacing them is often the first step people take in trying to diagnose this code. If replacing the oxygen sensors does not fix the issue, you may have a bad catalytic converter. The catalytic converter is not serviceable and you will have to replace the entire unit. O2 (oxygen sensors) are a quick and simple replacement. Replacing the catalytic converter is a longer and more expensive process. Always try the simpler option first unless further testing has indicated the entire unit needs to be replaced. If you still think you need help with replacing the oxygen sensors or catalytic converter, YourMechanic can dispatch out a certified mechanic to diagnose and repair the vehicle at your home or place of business.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr