Q: 02 XC Z14XE Corsa/Vauxhall loosing coolant. No signs of leaks anywhere. Cars been pressure tested & no leaks or fault's found.

2002 XC Z14XE Corsa/Vauxhall loosing radiator coolant. No signs of leaks anywhere. Pressure tested and no faults or leaks found. No coolant in oil either. What's happening?

Hi there. One of the biggest mistakes that even the most professional mechanics make is assuming that a high pressure test will determine any coolant leaks. However, in many cases, a coolant leak can be incredibly small and will actually seal itself under high pressure. This is why it’s recommended to complete a low pressure test first, place a clean piece of cardboard underneath the entire engine compartment and let it sit for an hour or so to find a leak. Sometimes coolant can appear low when there is more water than coolant inside the system. There is supposed to be a 50 / 50 ratio of coolant to distilled water, as coolant expands when it gets hot. The best advice I can offer is to try the low pressure test method first to try and find the leak, flush your coolant system and add the proper amount of coolant & distilled water. Hopefully this will resolve the issue.

3. 02 XC Z14XE Corsa/Vauxhall loosing coolant. No signs of leaks anywhere. Cars been pressure tested & no leaks or fault's found.