$125.02 - $465.01
If you are in the process of moving to the great state of Rhode Island, then you will need to take some time to make sure you follow all of the laws of the state. Among the most important things that you will need to comply with when moving to Rhode Island is their laws regarding vehicle registration. You will have 30 days to register your vehicle after moving to Rhode Island before you will be subject to a late fee. Getting your vehicle registered will require you to go to the local DMV in person. Taking some time to get all of the right documents before heading to the DMV can save you a lot of time and frustration. Here is what you will need to bring with you when trying to register an out of state car with the Rhode Island DMV:
- A completed copy of the Application for Registration and Certificate of Title
- A copy of your auto insurance information
- The title to the vehicle or a copy of lien holder agreement if you are still paying on it
- For vehicles older than a 2001 model, a VIN number check is required
- A Rhode Island issued driver’s license
- If the vehicle is being leased, you will need a Sales or Use Tax Exemption Form
For Rhode Island residents that are purchasing a car from a local dealership, getting the vehicle registered is important. The dealership will usually handle this process and then give you a copy of the documents so you can get the proper license plates.
In cases where a Rhode Island resident is buying a car from a private seller, here is what will need to happen to get it registered:
- Complete a copy of the Application for Registration and Certificate of Title
- Proof of auto insurance
- A completed Use Tax Form
- A bill of sale
- A valid Rhode Island driver’s license
You can expect to pay a fee based on vehicle weight when registering a vehicle.
Every two years, you will need to have a safety and emission check done on your vehicle. If you are in need of more information about the registration process, be sure to visit the Rhode Island DMV website.
Schedule Brake Pad Replacement
The most popular service booked by readers of this article is Brake Pad Replacement. Yourmechanic’s technicians bring the dealership to you by performing this job at your home or office 7 days a week between 7AM-9PM. We currently cover over 10k cities and have 100k+ 5-star reviews... LEARN MORESEE PRICING & SCHEDULING