Q: Won't crank over start

I went over to my Dad’s for dinner last night. When I was getting ready to leave I couldn't get my car to start. The lights and the radio were working, and the battery wasn't dead. It wasn't cranking over when turning the key, but it wouldn't start. Do you have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Hello there. Thanks for writing in about your 1998 Plymouth Breeze. Many different things can cause the vehicle to not start like this. The most common would be the battery, ignition switch, starter, fuel pump, fuel filter, battery cable, starter, or a wiring issue. There are a number of tests that should be conducted in order to pinpoint the problem. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the no start condition and perform any repairs required.