Q: Wiring problems with car I purchased.

There seems to be some sort of improperly wired circuits in the Crown Victoria that I purchased. The car was formerly a police interceptor vehicle, so it had some wiring modifications done to it. The headlights don't fully turn on to maximum lighting and the high-beam switch seems to switch the lights between the parking lights or headlights only.

It definitely sounds like something isn’t working right, if the lights are dim try wiggling the connectors and wires looking for a bad connection, the low beams and brights have separate fuses so try checking the high beam fuse. If that doesn’t fix it try hiring a mechanic from YourMechanic to check for power along the different connectors.

3. Wiring problems with car I purchased.