Q: Will not start. Acts as if it's not getting gas.

The car was idleing just fine the died out of no where. The car acts as ifs not getting gas but has a full tank of gas. I cleaned the fuel filter. It's getting great fuel pressure from the tank all the way to the injectors. Then the injectors barley put any gas out at all. We took the intake off and sprayed gas in and the car started right up. But when we quit spraying gas into the intake the car dies. What could be the problem and how do I fix it?

As you may know, the motor requires a very precise mixture of fuel and air in order for it to run properly. When the fuel injectors are not spraying an even, uniform pattern of fuel, this causes an imbalance in this air.fuel mixture resulting in the motor often times starving for fuel or in some cases being flooded with too much fuel. In your case, it sounds like the motor is starving for fuel as indicated by the motor running fine once fuel was sprayed directly into the intake. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.