Q: Will not Pick up speed

I have a 2008 Malibu it was working perfectly fine all day until I came out the store started up my car and it made this loud go kart noise and when I stepped on the gas it wouldn't really pick up as much speed as it should only 10 miles

A: Hi there: Although it's very difficult...

Hi there:

Although it's very difficult to diagnose an engine issue remotely over the interwebs, it's quite possible that you have an exhaust leak that is causing the acceleration issues and that loud "go kart" engine sound. In order to determine the right cause of your Malibu's acceleration issues, you should contact a professional mechanic and have them complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection; as this can pinpoint the source of your issues and ensure the right repairs are completed.