Q: Why will my car start, but won't move back or forward.

I wrecked my car, by veering off the side of the highway, into the woods. It got bang up and i had it towed. When I picked it up from the impound, I drove it back to the house on a flat. It ran smoothly to the house which was only down the street, about 5 minutes away. I parked the car and let it sit for a little while, until I got ready to go to work. When I drove it about 10.4 miles on my way to work, it drove smooth but I remember hearing a quiet rough noise. The car was moving a little fast but slow at the same time. When I got up by the mall the car began to stop moving in the middle of traffic, but was still running. I tried to move go forward and reverse but it wouldn't go back.

Hi there:

It’s possible that you may have damaged your drive axles, CV joint, or other suspension components on your vehicle which are causing this problem. You should have a professional mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection; especially after having an accident. This should permit them to diagnose what’s damaged on your Honda Accord and recommend the right repairs.