Q: Why will my car start, but won't move back or forward.

I wrecked my car, by veering off the side of the highway, into the woods. It got bang up and i had it towed. When I picked it up from the impound, I drove it back to the house on a flat. It ran smoothly to the house which was only down the street, about 5 minutes away. I parked the car and let it sit for a little while, until I got ready to go to work. When I drove it about 10.4 miles on my way to work, it drove smooth but I remember hearing a quiet rough noise. The car was moving a little fast but slow at the same time. When I got up by the mall the car began to stop moving in the middle of traffic, but was still running. I tried to move go forward and reverse but it wouldn't go back.

Hi there:

It’s possible that you may have damaged your drive axles, CV joint, or other suspension components on your vehicle which are causing this problem. You should have a professional mechanic complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection; especially after having an accident. This should permit them to diagnose what’s damaged on your Honda Accord and recommend the right repairs.

3. Why will my car start, but won't move back or forward.