Q: Why isn't my truck running?

OK I want to be specific as possible so I can get a specific answer when I turn over my key it sounds like it wants to start but it just doesn't my fuel neck was rusted out so I cut it off and shoved a hose into the pipe close to the fuel tank and ran it up through my truck bed (this was before it stopped running) just though it MAY be relevant maybe I have water in my engine? If so how do I get it out if I can't start the truck to burn it? Anyway I though it was the fuel pump because that's what I was told so I replaced the fuel pump and the fuel filter I also changed the line with (other lines) NOT NEW ONES I can hear the fuel pump working when I turn the key but there isn't any fuel coming out of the lines to the fuel filter would it matter if I don't have the exact right fuel filter? There doesn't seem to be any pressure or fuel pumping though the lines help! Did I do something wrong? Could if be something else if so what?

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a fuel supply problem in getting the proper amount of fuel to the fuel injectors. As you know, when you turn the key to on, the fuel pump is activated and the fuel system is primed with fuel at a specific pressure in order to supply the fuel injectors with enough fuel to start the motor. When this is less than what is needed in order for the motor to fire or in some cases higher than normal, you may notice an erratic fluctuation in engine RPMs, hard starting or a lack of power when accelerating as the engine may be starved for fuel if insufficient fuel pressure exists in the fuel system. This can happen when the pump itself is not working properly or when the fuel pressure regulator is not maintaining the proper fuel pressure in the fuel system causing the engine to starve for fuel. This can also happen when there is insufficient connectivity to the fuel injectors which can cause an intermittent fuel spray pattern into the intake system resulting in a lean fuel condition or the motor otherwise starving for fuel. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your fuel system.