Q: Why does the shifter stick feel loose on my 2000 Chevrolet Prism?

For a 2000 Chevy prism: why does the shifter feel loose?

Hi there - a loose shifter could be caused by loose mounting hardware, worn shifter bushings (at the cable ends), or worn transmission internal shifting components. I would recommend a shifter inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Why does the shifter stick feel loose on my 2000 Chevrolet Prism?