Q: Why is my car driving fine at first and then I hear a ticking sound whenever I press the gas? I also have hard brakes and steering.

asked by on November 10, 2016

I've had hadn't the car for about 2 months now and it hasn't acted you at all. The other day it started to smoke whenever I was going home but Thebes temperature said it was fine. Today i noticed when i was driving it to school that the brakes antenna hard to press and the steering wheel was hard to turn André it has a ticking sound whenever I press the gas. Also the check engine light is on.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Typically when the Check Engine Light comes on, it indicates that the on board computer has detected an error code from either a sensor or a mechanical part on the vehicle. The ticking issue might be caused by low oil levels or a belt that is loose. Since the brakes are hard to press and steering wheel is difficult to turn, it might be the serpentine belt that has been damaged. I’d contact a local mechanic as soon as possible to inspect this ticking sound issue, since if the belt has broken, it may cause your vehicle to overheat as well.