Q: Why is my car driving fine at first and then I hear a ticking sound whenever I press the gas? I also have hard brakes and steering.

I've had hadn't the car for about 2 months now and it hasn't acted you at all. The other day it started to smoke whenever I was going home but Thebes temperature said it was fine. Today i noticed when i was driving it to school that the brakes antenna hard to press and the steering wheel was hard to turn André it has a ticking sound whenever I press the gas. Also the check engine light is on.

Hi there. Typically when the Check Engine Light comes on, it indicates that the on board computer has detected an error code from either a sensor or a mechanical part on the vehicle. The ticking issue might be caused by low oil levels or a belt that is loose. Since the brakes are hard to press and steering wheel is difficult to turn, it might be the serpentine belt that has been damaged. I’d contact a local mechanic as soon as possible to inspect this ticking sound issue, since if the belt has broken, it may cause your vehicle to overheat as well.

3. Why is my car driving fine at first and then I hear a ticking sound whenever I press the gas? I also have hard brakes and steering.