Q: Why is my 2007 jeep cherokee sporadically getting hotter than normal

When i get on it on freeway and then let off to normal speeds temp goes up. If i get back on it temp goes back to normal then when i slow back down starts to overheat again

My car has an automatic transmission.fan is working fine and no leaks

Hello. If your vehicle only overheats when you are coming off of the highway then most of the time this is caused by an issue with air flow through the radiator. This can be caused by a failing fan, a clogged radiator or a restriction in the cooling system such as a failing thermostat. I usually start by checking to see if the radiator fan is functioning when the engine warms up. If not then that needs to be diagnosed. If it is functioning then I check to see if the radiator is clogged. If it is fine then the thermostat needs to be checked. It can also be a combination of these things. You need to have this checked as soon as possible to prevent damage to the engine. A certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can perform some tests to [diagnose why the engine is overheating] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-overheating-inspection

• Why is my 2007 jeep cherokee sporadically getting hotter than normal