Q: Why is my 1998 Lincoln Town car losing sleep. It be driving good and all of a sudden it will start losing speed and while pressing

My car be driving good then all of a sudden it will start losing all speed. As I press on the gas pedal I'm getting no gas at all. Then when I come to a complete stop and then press on the gas pedal it shoot off like normal. It does that every time I drive it. What can be the problem

Hi there. In general, there are a few common reasons why a car will gradually lose speed as you’re driving normally. First and most common is due to transmission problems, caused in mot cases by worn out inner seals, an obstruction of transmission fluid or a torque converter that is wearing out. It’s also common for fuel system components such as fuel injectors or mass air flow sensor to be clogged with excessive carbon deposits. In order to correctly diagnose the root source of this problem, I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection.

3. Why is my 1998 Lincoln Town car losing sleep. It be driving good and all of a sudden it will start losing speed and while pressing