Q: Why does my truck make a click noise from the starter and won't turn over?

Everything works fine..radio,lights etc.! When I try to crank it the only thing it does is make one click from the starter? What could it be?

There are several possible causes for the starter to just click when you turn the key. There could be a weak battery, a failed starter or starter solenoid, a bad cable connection, a failed starter relay, or any number of other possible causes. It would be best to have a certified mechanic perform some diagnostics to pinpoint the cause of the problem. It would be best to test the battery first. It may have enough power left in it to operate the accessories, but not enough to turn the engine over. Also, take a look at the battery cables to see if there is a build up of corrosion, and clean them. I would suggest having a certified technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect your car starting issue.

• Why does my truck make a click noise from the starter and won't turn over?