Q: Why does my car keep stalling?

Hi. My vehicle keeps jerking and stalling and I'm not sure what's causing this. Sometimes it won't even jerk before it stalls. It does it every time I drive. I've already replaced the fuel filter and that didn't solve the problem. I also just replaced the battery.I have put in more than one fuel treatments as well. I've even checked my fluids. I haven't had the money to have a diagnostics test done, so I'm trying to get a professionals opinion. Please let me know what you think. Thank you in advance.

Hi There, I believe you may have a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sensor relays vital information to the ECM which uses this to make adjustments to fuel supply to the motor. A dirty or faulty sensor can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.