Q: Why did my car have to sit and idle in the shop for 2.5 hrs?

I put my car in the shop (Mercedes-Benz delearship service) today and had the following work done: REPLACE TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSOR. When I dropped the car off in the morning, the elapsed time clock read 0:30 (thirty minutes running time). As you know, this clock resets itself to zero after four hours of non-operation. When I picked the car up this afternoon, the elapsed time clock read 3:05 (three hours and 5 minutes). Why did my car have to sit and idle for 2.5 hours to replace this sensor?

Thanks...

Tom

3. Why did my car have to sit and idle in the shop for 2.5 hrs?