Q: Q: White smoke from exhaust

Looking to buy this 1969 mustang, although there is white smoke coming from tailpipe. Seller claims head gasket is not blown. Coolant not leaking and no issues with the oil. What else could it be? Worst case scenario what will something like this cost me?

Hi, thanks for writing in. Sometimes white smoke can be from the carburetor flooding the engine out. Try to hold the engine rpm up to about 2000 rpms and hold it there for at least 3 to 5 minutes while someone watches the exhaust to see if it clears. See if the engine temperature gets to the normal range and stabilizes. If the temperature keeps rising toward overheating, then let your car idle and see if smoke is still coming out the exhaust. That would indicate the head gasket does have a leak. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed. We can also perform a pre-purchase car inspection before to help you decide if you want to purchase car.

3. Q: White smoke from exhaust