Q: While I was driving the car felt like it went into neutral even though it was still in drive.

While I was driving about 45 mph my car jerked and would not accelerate while I pressed the gas as if it were in neutral. I put the car in park and back into drive and it was driving but now I feel like the RPM's stay high and it shifts late

Sounds like the automatic transmission might be failing. The mileage and age are about right. If there is a dipstick, you can check the fluid yourself, but many cars made after the late 1990,s don’t even have a dipstick you can look at. In that case, you should stop driving the car until the fluid level can be verified. If your problem is due to low fluid, you might be able to solve the problem by fixing an external leak. But if you drive the car while it is low on fluid you might do more damage. At that point there is nothing to be done except a transmission overhaul or replacement. Sometimes you can stretch the life with a fluid service and I would recommend that, but before you make any other moves I would recommend you have the car looked at by a pro to be sure. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Lexus and let you know for sure what it is going to take.

3. While I was driving the car felt like it went into neutral even though it was still in drive.