While driving my car wasn’t accelerating pulled over then...

Q: While driving my car wasn’t accelerating pulled over then when I tried to start it again it just made a click/clunk noise

asked by on October 27, 2017

While I was driving home i felt it jerk a little then I tried stepping on the gas to go a little faster then all of a sudden my car didn’t want to accelerate. The mph just went down. I pulled over to the side turned my car off. Then tried to turn it back on & it just made a clunk noise. All the lights & radio worked perfectly fine. But my oil light check engine & battery light turned on

It sounds like you may have broke a timing belt. If you did then you may have bent the valves and caused major engine damage to the cylinder head due to bent valves. If the timing belt did not break then you most likely lost fuel pressure from a bad fuel pump. A mechanic like one from YourMechanic can do a few diagnostic checks to isolate what happened to your engine and then you would know what caused the stall and no start.