Q: Early shift issues in 2011 BMW 328I

I have a 2011 BMW 328I. Recently, it seems that it struggles shifting from first to second--plenty of power if I stay on the gas, it does shift easy. Just, in traffic, the early shift seems off right now. Any ideas?

BMWs unfortunately become endless money pits as they age, and within those cars, they have really high-tech transmission systems.

The first thing you will need to do is have a mechanic scan the car and take it on the road test, because there are all kinds of data from the engine and transmission that is stored inside that BMW and it will give you a good idea.

Unfortunately, that particular vehicle has a lot of transmission problems and a lot of times it needs to be taken down and the solenoids need to be replaced. They are so complicated that only a good mechanic should take a look into this. My advice is that next time, don’t buy something sized as BMW because they do have problems and they are very expensive to fix when they do break.

3. Early shift issues in 2011 BMW 328I