Q: which temp sensor feed the computer, the one on the thermostat housing or the one going into the motor

getting an engine light for insufficient coolant temp for closed loop, changed thermostat and changed one of the temp sensors but light came on again after a mile or so, I'm wondering if I changed the wrong sensor

The answer to your question is - both. The ECU factors in temperature readings from both thermostats to factor in the operating temperature of the engine. In most cases, when you have a fault like this, an OBD-II trouble code will be stored in the ECU that will indicate which sensor is faulty. I would recommend replacing the other sensor, but having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a check engine light inspection so they can clear the codes.

• which temp sensor feed the computer, the one on the thermostat housing or the one going into the motor