Q: Where is the fuel rail pressure sensor located on a 2012 chevy impala ltz 3.6 liter v6

asked by on October 28, 2017

Where is the fuel rail pressure sensor on a 2012 chevy impala ltz 3.6 liter v6.?? High pressure sensor located .? Low pressure sensor located.??

Fuel Pressure Sensor Replacement $129.47 - $1109.93 Get a Quote

There are two fuel system pressure sensors in your application: one on the fuel rail and the other on the fuel feed pipe forward of the fuel tank. The fuel rail pressure sensor detects fuel pressure within the fuel rail. The engine control module (ECM) provides a 5 V reference voltage on the 5 V reference circuit and ground on the low reference circuit. The ECM receives a varying signal voltage on the signal circuit: when the fuel pressure is high, the signal voltage is high. When the fuel pressure is low, the signal voltage is low. The other sensor located on the feed pipe (ahead of the tank) is a serviceable 5 V, 3-pin device. This sensor receives power and ground from the fuel pump flow control module. The sensor provides a fuel pressure signal to the fuel pump flow control module, which is used to provide closed loop fuel pressure control. If you a desire a fuel system diagnostic, or testing of these sensors and related devices, please request fuel pressure sensor inspection and service and the mechanic will resolve this promptly for you and all on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.