Q: Where is the camshaft position bank 1 sensor A at?

asked by on October 05, 2017

My sparks burnt out the other day so i replaced them then my check engine light turned on so i took it to get check and they told me the code was for a camshaft position bank 1 sensor A and i was wondering if you could show me exactly where it is because i replaced a sensor but the check engine light is still turned on, i need help

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

The sensor is at the front right top of the engine beneath the large plastic engine cover. It is held on by a single T-30 torx bit machine screw. Please note that OBD-II diagnostic trouble codes, such as the code relied on to "advise" you, can NEVER be used to "directly" condemn parts. In the case of a camshaft position sensor, the camshaft position sensor must be evaluated on an automotive scope to determine if the sensor itself is bad or if you perhaps have a situation where there is simply a loose wire or other fault in the circuit (or even a fault in another unrelated engine system). If the camshaft position sensor output has not been directly measured on an automotive scope, there is a possibility that it is a perfectly good sensor and thus the problem lies elsewhere. If a diagnostic was done, and the sensor is out of spec. then it should be replaced. OBD-II codes ONLY provide clues as to faults in vehicle systems and sometimes the clues aren’t even that great or are flat out wrong. If you desire that the problem you are writing in about be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr