Q: Where are the motor mounts location on a 2004 Ford Free star. I see the top one. Need to life motor to replace water pump. 2004 Ford Freestyle

asked by on March 01, 2017

I'm changing water pump need to raise motor. Found top Mount is there another?

Hi there - there are actually 4 mounts that locate the engine/transmission as a unit. The top link (you’ve already identified) is, complemented by 3 additional mounts around the lower perimeter of the engine/transmission, attaching the unit to the frame. The engine/transmission will need to be supported from above before unbolting and removing these 3 mounts. For assistance with this task, I recommend a water pump replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.