Q: When the dealer says u need to replace a wheel bearing, do they mean just the bearing or the bearing/hub assembly?

I have a noise and sort of stutter in right front wheel. Dealer says replace wheel bearing. Is that just the bearing, or the bearing/hub assembly? And should I replace them all at the same time? Car is 2004 Ascender with 150,000 miles. Thanks!

Hi There, This means generally the wheel bearing/hub assembly which typically comes all pressed together in one assembly. You should not need to replace all four of them unless the others are also making noise or showing signs of wear or failure.

3. When the dealer says u need to replace a wheel bearing, do they mean just the bearing or the bearing/hub assembly?