Q: When the car is about to just fully stop it makes a squeaking noise to what seems to be in the rear breaks

asked by on October 01, 2016

The breaks don't make any noises when reducing the speed. They break fast and I don't have to push the pedal to hard, I haven't feel too much travel in the pedal. It is only when the car is about to completely stop or when you slowly release the breaks that it squeaks. The seller told us every car makes this noise and indeed every car I have driven makes a sound when releasing the breaks, but never this annoying. To me it seems just too loud.

Is it normal or they may be a hidden problem down there? Thank you so much for your expertise.

Hello. This is likely the result of the brake pads wearing down to the "wear mark" which a certain thickness on the brake pads designed to alert when it is times to consider replacing the brake pads. This is not emergency critical, however you should consider having the brakes changed very soon. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to replace the brake pads.