Q: When idling my truck seems to shake alot, do you think it could be the spark plugs?

hi, just yesterday i had one of the mechanics recommended come by and change my ignition coil. he recommended i used fuel injector fluid which i still have to use, but maybe could it be time to change my spark plugs and if so could i get them at autozone and just pay for the labor?

A: Hi there. Worn spark plugs could cause a ro...

Hi there. Worn spark plugs could cause a rough idle. It may be time for spark plug replacement not knowing when they were replaced last. Several things can cause a rough idle. Dirty fuel injectors, an intake vacuum leak, a low idle speed, a very dirty air filter, low fuel pressure caused by a restricted/plugged fuel filter. Replacing components without proper diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle's rough idle be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.