Q: When I accelerate in my 2002 Acura CL Type S it feels like I am on a ribbed road but not when coasting or cruising

when i accelerate in my 2002 acura cl type s feels like i am on a ribbed road but not when coasting or cruising has new wheel bearing new strut new control arms ball joints

A: Hi there - so you feel a vibration only und...

Hi there - so you feel a vibration only under acceleration, or under a load - good diagnostic skills! Most likely, the CV joints on your front axles are worn, and are allowing a bit more movement as they rotate than they should. This will cause an oscillation which you feel as though the road was not smooth. I would also check motor/transmission mounts to be sure they are not allowing excessive twist of the engine/transmission under load - which would also cause the same behavior as worn CV joints.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having the car’s shaking symptom inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.