Q: When do the rear wheel bearings need repacking?

We have had conflicting advice from various mechanics about when this should be done. Can you clarify this please.

The rear wheel bearings on this model year of the Land Cruiser are greased at assembly and permanently sealed. The bearing itself is then pressed into a carrier or "bearing case" which of course is not directly accessible. If a fault develops with the bearing it is pressed out of the case and replaced as an assembly and no further or subsequent maintenance is required. If you need to replace one or both of these bearings, such can be accomplished by YourMechanic on a mobile basis right at your location. Simply request wheel bearing replacement service and the responding certified mechanic will perform the work right at your location. If you have follow up questions or additional concerns, please let us know.

3. When do the rear wheel bearings need repacking?