Q: wheel hub

I had my rear wheel bearings done and the mechanic had to burn out one of the bearing out of the hub in doing so he said he was gonna try to save the hub now i got noise coming from the area where he tried to save the hub... I wanted to know is it safe to drive on until i get the hub replaced this weekend or dont drive st all

A: Hello. The vehicle may or may not be safe t...

Hello. The vehicle may or may not be safe to drive depending on the type of noise.

If it is a scraping or a grinding metallic sound, then that means there could be a major issue with the hub or bearing, in which case the vehicle should not be driven.

If it is a howling or droning sound that could just mean a worn bearing, and the vehicle may still drive okay for a while.

Either case though, if you are concerned about safety I would simply wait until the hub is replaced to drive the vehicle, just to be sure. I'd recommend getting assistance from a mobile mechanic who can come to you and replace your wheel hub at your own convenience. Good luck.