Q: Whats the problem with my truck? 1998 Toyota Tacoma

so im driving and my alternator belt brakes.. i continue to drive it home then starts to pop and putter, get up the next day (it was night time when it broke) i wake up go get new belt, change it and its still popping and puttering

Hello - you may have an overheated engine, with a blown cylinder head gasket (or other overheating damage) or simply a run-down battery. The same serpentine belt that drives the alternator also drives the water pump. Depending on how long you drove after the belt failed, the engine may have overheated - with some damage. I recommend an engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Whats the problem with my truck? 1998 Toyota Tacoma