Q: Whats the problem with my truck? 1998 Toyota Tacoma

so im driving and my alternator belt brakes.. i continue to drive it home then starts to pop and putter, get up the next day (it was night time when it broke) i wake up go get new belt, change it and its still popping and puttering

Hello - you may have an overheated engine, with a blown cylinder head gasket (or other overheating damage) or simply a run-down battery. The same serpentine belt that drives the alternator also drives the water pump. Depending on how long you drove after the belt failed, the engine may have overheated - with some damage. I recommend an engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.