Q: What to do if the CV joint is not able to be removed from transaxle?

I have to change my passenger side CV joint an I am unable to remove the end that goes in the transmissions. What would be your recommendation?

A: Hello. If the axle will not come out of the...

Hello. If the axle will not come out of the transmission, then there may be an internal transmission issue. If the axle or output bearing has gotten hot enough then they may seize together. The most important thing is that the right tool needs to be used to remove the axle. An axle puller with a slide hammer needs to be used to get this out. If it will not come out, then the transmission may need to be removed to do this. If you need some help removing this CV axle, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to have this taken care of.