Q: What tips should I follow when using the rearview monitor?

What tips should I follow when using the rearview monitor?

The rearview monitor on your car is an important supplemental safety system, but there are several tips and precautions you should follow when using it. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Never rely only on the rearview monitor. Always physically look behind and to the side of the car before backing up.

2. When you shift into reverse, the screen will automatically show the view from the rearview camera, but the radio will continue working.

3. There may be a delay between shifting into reverse and when the image is displayed on the screen. This is normal.

4. Strong light entering the camera can affect image quality (rear end pointing into the setting sun, for instance).

5. High temperatures can affect the quality of the image (this is normal).

6. Dirt, snow and other things can accumulate on the camera’s lens. Clean it regularly to ensure you have a clear view.

7. Wax should never be applied to the camera’s lens. Wipe it off immediately if it accidentally gets on it.

3. What tips should I follow when using the rearview monitor?