Q: What should i look for, for a '97 e-350 serpentine belt? I think the pulleys are misaligned.

E-350 has a really loud squealing noise and the previous mechanic put a belt that doesn't fit the pully on. I've heard gatorback serpentine belts work, but i dont know how many ribs, type of belt, etc.

Hi there. When it comes to replacing a serpentine belt, there are three items I always recommend. First, always buy OEM pulley’s. This ensures that they will fit properly and function as intended. Second, buying an OEM or authorized replacement aftermarket belt is highly recommended. I’ve always had good luck with Gates belts myself. Third, have a professional mechanic install the serpentine belt. This job requires the use of specialized alignment and pulley removal / installation tools. I always recommend buying and replacing pulley’s the same time as the belt as well.

3. What should i look for, for a '97 e-350 serpentine belt? I think the pulleys are misaligned.